After training at one of the world’s most renowned culinary institutes, Le Cordon Bleu Paris’ Ottawa campus, in the GRAND DIPLÔME® program, Angel R. Betancourt honed his craft alongside mentors such as Chocolatier Laurent Pagès, Chef Carles Mampel, Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Chef Sara Tibbitts and Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
Chef Angel Ramirez Betancourt former Executive Pastry Chef of the uber-luxury resort One & Only Ocean Club and Executive Pastry Chef of The Ocean Club, a Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas counts with a new challenge his current job as Corporate Pastry Chef of Blue Diamond Resorts responsible for 47 hotels in 10 Countries.
Betancourt has garnered international acclaim including attending L’École Valrhona in France in 2015 on behalf of the United States – an honor and privilege that is only given to rising stars and celebrated chefs. Betancourt is a member of Cercle V by Valrhona, a loyalty program for culinary professionals to exchange ideas, and was chosen to represent the Bahamian Culinary Team in the highly competitive Taste of the Caribbean where he won two silver medals for Caribbean National Team of the Year and Caribbean Pastry Chef of the Year.
Growing up in Venezuela to a family of doctors, the decision to become a pastry chef was a unique choice and one that Betancourt went into wholeheartedly. Having spent a lot of time at an early age in the kitchen with his mother and grandmother learning simple breads, cookies, granolas and jams.
Chef Angel is no stranger to publications as he is being featured on websites & Magazines often. From his former school’s brochure & News Papers to famous Magazines like: Dessert Professional Magazine, Pastry Arts Magazine, Inflight Magazine, The Chefs Garden Magazine, Le Cordon Bleu, Atlantis Magazine & Gala Magazine.
Some of the festivals that chef Angel has attended are:
- One Spoon Tain L`Hermitage, France.
- The Commisary, San Francisco, Usa.
- Fete des Fetes John Besh Fundation New Orleans, Usa.
- Afrikin Fest Miami, Usa.
- Pastry Lovers Fest San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Barbados Meets the World Barbados.
- Culinary Summit, Nassau, The Bahamas.
- Culinary Summit Tortola, BVI.
- Hands for Hunger, Paradise Plates, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Gout et Saveurs Lakay, Port Au Prince, Haiti
- The Best of the Bahamas, Freeport, The Bahamas.
- 3er Congreso Gastronomico de Gastronomia, Mexicali, Mexico.
- Valrhona Inspiration Launch Release Party / Guest Chef / Miami, USA.
- Master Class Modern Tarts by Angel R. Betancourt.
- James Beard Foundation / WICA Dinner / New York, USA.
- Four Seasons Top Chef Americas & Mixologist 2018 Finalist (top 5)